Welcome to Future Climate Info
Through constant innovation, Future Climate Info (FCI) offer the most up-to-date, clear information to help fuel and empower the legal sector.
We provide a range of Environmental Search Reports and Consultancy Services for Conveyancers and Solicitors acting in Commercial and Residential property transactions, covering an assessment of Environmental (contaminated land, air quality and radon), Flood, Ground Stability, Energy & Infrastructure and Planning risks.
Since launching in 2014, we have delivered many step-changes for the industry, including the first to:
- Provide shorter yet fully comprehensive reports – Clearer results, saving time, with ‘Next Steps’ highlighted on the front page.
- Use Land Registry title extents as standard – More accurate results and fewer ‘Further Actions’.
- Use Exception reporting – Focusing on the specific issues without the padding.
- Include Air Quality data – A crucial emerging consideration for homebuyers.
- Launch Intelligent Data Capture – Identifying planning applications that could be missed in traditional searches.
- Include a Free Remediation warranty on a Commercial Property search – Available with passed FCI Retail reports, plus passed Residential searches for 6 years, up to £100,000.
- Raise the bar on historical land-use mapping – Site analysis at superior quality resolution.
Why Choose FCI?
Complete Solutions and Actionable Advice: From full professional risk assessments throughout our reports to expert consultancy services, and next-step solutions from our specialist industry partners.
Protection and Peace of Mind: The only search provider regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), and Executive Members of CoPSO, regulated under the Search Code by the Property Code Compliance Board (PCCB) and The Property Ombudsman.
Expert Risk Interpretation: Our dedicated in-house team hold a unique combination of environmental, property and surveying qualifications, including MRICS, CEnv and C.WEM Charterships, providing confidence in the advice we offer.
For further information please speak to your dedicated Conveyancing Association contact, Tim Champney.
Tim’s background is in environmental consultancy, having worked for many years delivering risk assessments for land and property acquisition or redevelopment, spanning basic desktop reviews right through to on-site analysis. As a Chartered Member of CIWEM, Tim is well-positioned to offer specialist expertise and advice on a whole host of environmental topics; whether that be for conveyancers and solicitors working on behalf of a homebuyer where there is a concern regarding historic environmental issues, or for institutional investors requiring guidance on operational risk mitigation and cost reduction through environmental auditing or redevelopment assessments.
Tim can also bring a regulatory perspective to his advice, and expertise in the value of other transactional services such as environmental indemnities.