Welcome to Lawyer Checker
Lawyer Checker was established in 2011 and is widely regarded as a leading provider of risk management solutions to the legal sector. The risk associated with sending purchase funds to a vendors’ conveyancer is an extremely attractive prospect to cybercriminals, with in excess of £1 billion changing hands on a daily basis.
Our mission is to help keep your business safe. Lawyer Checker is committed to offering the best protection to law firms and their clients.
Our enhanced risk management and increased due diligence products can assist firms to stay secure when transmitting funds:
- Account & Entity Screen: Check the account and company details of a solicitor before sending funds via our unique database. We check over 10 different conveyancing related databases to highlight any red flags commonly associated with fraudulent activity. For further details click here.
- Cyber Essentials(+) accreditor: We are an approved assessor for this government-accredited scheme. Our IT experts can assess weaknesses in firm’s systems with vulnerability scans, penetration and phishing tests. We’ll work with firms to ensure they achieve this industry accreditation. For further details click here.
- Thirdfort ID Checker: An FCA regulated business that uses a mobile app to digitally confirm a client’s identity, used increasingly by law firms when working remotely.
- OnDMARC: Any third party can impersonate a firm, via email, to your employees, clients and suppliers. OnDMARC can prevent this.
- Consumer Bank Account Checker: Whether sending or receiving client monies Consumer Bank Account Checker validates the source or destination of funds. This is done prior to transferring funds on the sale of a property or during probate.
- nTitle: This service allows firms to send a seller’s contract pack at the title investigation stage in the conveyancing process. Receive the completed title investigation and associated documents within 48 hours. Ramp resource up and down to maintain service levels without the need to additionally recruit.
- IASME Governance: Our expert in-house assessors can issue official certificates to compliant firms for IASME which includes Cyber Essentials certification along with a GDPR readiness assessment. It signifies to your customers and shareholders that you consider data protection a priority, and your desire to manage risk by demonstrating a high level of security
For further information please speak to your dedicated Conveyancing Association contacts.