- This event has passed.
Navigating Japanese Knotweed concerns in conveyancing
May 30, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Japanese Knotweed is the UK’s most invasive plant, and due to the legal framework in place to protect homebuyers, it is an issue that conveyancers often need to confront. The risks the plant presents both to the property and the transaction itself are well documented, but what recent developments do conveyancers need to know about?
Anthony O’Hanlon, Head of Customer Development at CLSQ will be joining Adam Naraine, Product Manager at InfoTrack, to provide an informative session to help property lawyers understand their options in addressing the issue of Japanese Knotweed on behalf of their clients. Amongst the topics we’ll be covering will be:
– Japanese Knotweed – what is it and how to spot it
– Understanding Japanese Knotweed, including latest RICS guidance
– Law Society TA6 property information form – knotweed guidance for sellers, buyers and their legal representatives
– CLSQ Japanese Knotweed Indemnity Policy – what risks and loss events are covered
– Recent cases and how these impact on conveyancers
– Updates to our Japanese Knotweed policy to help conveyancers and lenders in practice.
Book your place today!