- This event has passed.
Review of the Year for Residential Conveyancers
November 30, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Changes to CQS guidance came into effect in May 2022. With the year coming to a close, conveyancers must remain vigilant of the changes to meet key requirements of the 2022 Core Practice Management Standard (CPMS) this year and beyond.
Ian Quayle, Chief Executive of IQ Legal Training, will join InfoTrack to review the key issues residential conveyancers need to be aware of, exploring the cases decided in 2022 and changes in practice and procedure.
The webinar will examine:
• The significance of the changes to CQS guidance in May 2022
• Limiting the scope of the retainer – lessons learned from case law
• Effective communication with clients – explaining the bigger picture in leasehold transactions and explaining key features of the conveyancing process to all clients
• Residential Leasehold Conveyancing – the implications of changes to the law on ground rents, service charges and decisions of the First Tier Tribunal that impact residential conveyancers
• Changes to Land Registry Practice
• The recent developments in negligence claims and client complaints in residential transactions.
Ensure you understand the changes by booking your place today.