I’m writing this on the longest day of the year – the Summer Solstice –…
The Conveyancing Association (CA), the leading trade body for the conveyancing industry, has today (25th October 2018) unveiled full details of its Annual Conference & Dinner which takes place for the first time at The Etihad Stadium, Manchester, on the 6th December 2018.
This year’s Conference has the theme, ‘Embracing the digital future’, is headlined sponsored by CA Affiliate member, Infotrack, and will bring delegates right up to date with everything that is shaping the future of the conveyancing industry.
The full programme of Conference sessions has been published and includes a number of high-profile presentations including:
- Matt Prior from the Ministry for Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) will once again open the Conference presenting further detail on the Government’s plans and what it means for the conveyancing industry.
- Professor Nick Hopkins from The Law Commission will review how the reform of the conveyancing process is taking shape.
- An update from the five working parties of the Home Buying and Selling Group (HBSG) covering: information prior to offer; achieving greater certainty; consumer education; tackling leasehold issues; and better provision of data for consumers.
- Scott Bozinis, CEO of Conference Headline Sponsors Infotrack, will look at the digital changes reshaping the market.
- The CA’s Director of Operations, Lloyd Davies, will outline what the digital future looks like for firms, while the CA’s Non-Executive Chair, Paul Smee, will provide a round-up of the CA’s work during 2018.
- Finally, motivational speaker, Jim Lawless, will provide conference with his fascinating presentation ‘Taming Tigers – a highly practical approach to overcoming fear and achieving things you never thought you could’.
The Conference will be followed by the Annual Dinner to which the CA is inviting all delegates to attend. The dinner will take place overlooking the Etihad Stadium pitch and entertainment will include a live band for the evening, plus an opportunity for some karaoke numbers later on.
Paul Smee, Non-Executive Chair of the Conveyancing Association, said:
“It has been just over a year since the Government published its Call for Evidence on improving the house purchase and selling process, and while there has been plenty going on over the past 12 months, it’s important we provide our member firms and stakeholders with an update on the progress made but also, rather importantly, how the changes in technology are reshaping our market.
“This is why we have called the 2018 Conference ‘Embracing the digital future’, as we know firms want to take commercial advantage of the technological advances, and to understand where the potential threats might be coming from. In that sense, the Conference is packed full of presentations which will provide delegates with valuable information on how they can plan and define their conveyancing future.
“Along with updates from the Government and The Law Commission, we also have representatives from the Home Buying and Selling Group, who meet regularly to discuss and work collaboratively with the Government across a variety of working groups. This Group provides the Government with workable solutions across a number of different areas which will improve the home buying process for the consumer.
“Sponsored by our friends at Infotrack, our Annual Conference will be casting an eye to the future, reviewing what it might look like for the sector, and helping delegates understand the technologies which are already available right now. We will also be discussing the need for a Conveyancing Taskforce in order to prepare the way for Digital Conveyancing as we should be in no doubt that the conveyancing industry is seen as ripe for disruption, and many PropTech companies are eyeing up how they can grab their share of the pie.
“The Conference will also have keynote speaker, Jim Lawless, who will inspire us to ‘tame our inner tiger’ and embrace the changes necessary for our future, plus the Annual Dinner that will follow is a chance for all delegates to let their hair down, relax and network with their friends and colleagues.
“We are looking forward to welcoming all our members, Affiliates, sponsors, and stakeholder partners to The Etihad Stadium on the 6th December for what I’m sure will be a day that shows the future of conveyancing to all.”
For further information on The Conveyancing Association Conference & Dinner, including how to book tickets, please visit: conassocstage.wpengine.com/annual-conference-2018/
If you are a member of the press and would like to attend the Conference and/or Dinner, please contact Rob Griffiths at: firstname.lastname@example.org