Funding available - Apprenticeship Recruitment support The Welsh Government has launched a £40 million skills…
Great news, all non-levy paying companies have another 10 apprenticeship spaces during the academic year April 2021 – April 2022.
As a smaller employer, who does not pay the apprenticeship levy, you must reserve apprenticeship funding for conveyancing training and assessment in the finance section of your apprenticeship service account.
You can also give your training provider permission to reserve funding on your behalf.
What you’ll need
You will need to know:
- Which apprenticeship standard the apprentice will be doing
- What month the apprenticeship training will start
- Before the apprentice starts their training, you can change the apprenticeship start date and standard
When you can use reserved funds
From 1 April 2021, you can reserve funds up to 6 months in advance of the expected apprenticeship start date.
The reserved funds are available to use from the selected month of the apprenticeship start date and the following 2 months. The reservation will expire at the end of the 3rd month if you do not use it.
Reserved funds cannot be used for apprenticeships that started before the reservation was made.
If you access your account in April 2021, you can reserve funding for an apprenticeship that has an expected start date between April 2021 and September 2021.
You choose July 2021 as the apprenticeship start date. This funding reservation can then be used for an apprenticeship that starts in July, August or September. You must use this reservation and create a commitment on the service before the end of September 2021. If you do not do this your reservation will expire.
As you have selected July 2021 as the start date in the apprenticeship service, you cannot use this reservation for an apprenticeship that starts before this.
There are 3 funding statuses:
- Active – you’ve reserved funds, but have not added or saved the apprentice’s details (if you can see ‘add apprentice details’ in your account, then the reservation is ‘active’)
- Used – you’ve reserved funds and added the apprentice’s details
- Expired – you did not add or save the apprentice’s details to a reservation within the 3 months that the reservation covers