From time to time during the conveyancing process, title defects may come to light, or…
The Conveyancing Association (CA), the leading trade body for the conveyancing industry, has today (2nd November 2017) announced full details of its Annual Conference & Dinner which is taking place on the 7th December at Chelsea Football Club, Stamford Bridge in London.
The Conference entitled, ‘21st Century Conveyancing for 21st Century Clients’, is headlined sponsored by CA Affiliate member, Infotrack, and will offer delegates a range of presentations and debates designed to outline the future for the industry and how conveyancing firms can make the most of the forthcoming changes and opportunities that will exist.
The full programme of Conference sessions has been published and includes a number of high-profile presentations including:
- Matt Prior from the Department of Communities & Local Government (DCLG) will open the Conference presenting feedback on the Government’s research into conveyancing, its plans for the future and what it means for the conveyancing industry.
- John Abbot, Director of Digital at HM Land Registry, will outline its research and the vision it has for Digital Conveyancing in 2030.
- Ian Hendey from Property Exchange Australia (PEXA) will detail how PEXA transformed the Australian conveyancing process via an end-to-end digital conveyancing system and how conveyancers there have adapted to this‘brave new world‘.
- Professor Stewart Brymer will reveal how the Law Society of Scotland introduced secure digital signatures and CA Operations Director, Lloyd Davies, will show how Proof of Identity is integral to the ‘Digital Deed’ process in England & Wales.
- Stephen Ward, Director of Strategy & External Relations at the CLC, will give the regulator’s view on all things digital and how conveyancing might evolve to deal with these changes.
- Scott Bozinis, CEO of Conference Headline Sponsors Infotrack, will demonstrate how 21st Century Conveyancing does not have to be difficult and that many of the answers are already available to conveyancing firms.
- Finally, the CA’s Director of Delivery, Beth Rudolf, will provide an update on our White Paper/Strategic Plan work streams, the progress that has been made this year and what the future holds for the CA, its members, and the whole conveyancing industry.
The Conference will be followed by the Annual Dinner, sponsored this year by the ESTAS and Searchflow, to which the CA is inviting all delegates to attend and has a chosen charity, Prostate Cancer UK, which it will be raising funds for.
Eddie Goldsmith, Chair of the Conveyancing Association and Partner in GWLegal, commented:
“Our next Annual Conference, sponsored by Infotrack, is not about what conveyancing should look like – our 2016 White Paper on ‘Modernising the Home Buying Process’ and subsequent Strategic Plan have already specified what is needed to modernise the conveyancing process and create a better, less stressful environment for both clients and conveyancers. Instead, this Conference is all about how the industry should be undertaking modern-day conveyancing. From that perspective, delegates will experience a unique insight into the practical future for UK conveyancing.
“The Conference is being held just days before the closure of the Government’s Call for Evidence consultation and we are fortunate to have one of its architects, Matt Prior, speaking to delegates to provide the view of the DCLG and how they see the future for conveyancing. There are also updates on the work of the Land Registry, plus a view from Australia on how end-to-end digital conveyancing has worked there. Further updates on digital signatures, digital deeds and our own Strategic Plan work streams will be provided plus a view from the regulator, the CLC, on how it envisages the future for conveyancing.
“On top of this highly informative day, we have our Annual Dinner sponsored by the ESTAS and Searchflow, which will provide all delegates with the opportunity to relax, wind down and connect with colleagues. We are also hoping to raise a significant sum for our chosen charity for the day, Prostate Cancer UK, and hope all delegates will be able to contribute. We are looking forward to welcoming all our members, Affiliates, sponsors, and stakeholder partners to Stamford Bridge on the 7th December for what I’m sure will be a day that delivers a real vision for the future of our industry.”
For further information on The Conveyancing Association Conference & Dinner, including how to book tickets, please visit: http://conassocstage.wpengine.com/annual-conference/
If you are a member of the press and would like to attend the Conference and/or Dinner, please contact Rob Griffiths at: firstname.lastname@example.org