Leading risk and compliance consultancy Legal Eye, has been assisting firms across England and Wales…
The Conveyancing Association (CA) – the leading trade body for the conveyancing industry – has today (10th January 2024) announced the full Agenda of speakers and presentations at its Annual Conference & Charity Dinner.
Taking place on Tuesday 6th February at the Hilton Deansgate Hotel in Manchester, the Conference is entitled ‘Moving Towards The Digital Age’, and will look at how conveyancing firms can prepare for, and benefit from, digital-focused solutions within the home buying and selling process.
Landmark Information Group are the Headline Sponsor, while PEXA is the Event Sponsor, and Conveyancing Data Services are the Headline Dinner Sponsor.
As usual the Annual Conference will be chaired by Eddie Goldsmith, Director of the Conveyancing Association.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Kate Faulkner OBE, one of the UK’s leading property experts, who will deliver a property market and economic forecast for 2024, and will outline the ongoing work she is involved in, particularly in terms of the Home Buying & Selling Group.
Other sessions taking place on the day include:
- Digitisation and automation – what do they really mean for conveyancers? – from Rob Gurney at Ochresoft and Chris Loaring at Landmark. Followed by a panel session exploring the top considerations when planning the adoption of new technology.
- Future Vision Digital Conveyancing discussion group, facilitated by Lauren Watson of Robin AI who is also a Board Member at the UKLTA – the LegalTech Association for the UK.
- Delivery of Material Information from Upfront Information discussion group, facilitated by Emma Cooke from the National Trading Standards Estate & Letting Agency Team.
- Digital Signatures and Source of Funds discussion group, facilitated by Beth Rudolf of the CA.
- Workplace Issues discussion group including Nicola Green from Nicola Green Consultancy on the Menopause at Work; Mark Slade from Fidler and Pepper on LGBTQ+; Geoff Hall from Gordon Brown Law on Training; and Natalie Moore from A Conveyancing on Employment.
- Event sponsor, PEXA, will also be presenting to Conference with a speaker session hosted by Angela Hesketh titled – ‘Charting The Future and Debunking The Myths.’ They will also lead a panel session which will see expert speakers invite commentary on the topic – ‘Automation: Elevating Conveyancers to Trusted Advisors.’
There are a number of Annual Conference & Dinner sponsors who will be attending the event and exhibiting during the day including: Compare My Move, Orbital Witness, Perfect Portal, Post Partner, Armalytix, Dye & Durham UK, Coadjute, Reallmoving, inCase, Thirdfort, Lexis Visualfiles, DUAL Asset, InfoTrack, Redbrick Solutions, Legal Eye, and Howden.
Following the Conference there will be a drinks reception and networking opportunity, followed by the Charity Dinner, this year raising money for The Children’s Society.
The Conference and Dinner is open to all CA member firms, legal and affiliate, and attendance can also be secured for non-members for a charge. Registration remains open and is available at: https://www.conveyancingassociation.org.uk/register-to-attend/
For more details on all aspects of the Conference & Dinner, please visit: https://www.conveyancingassociation.org.uk/conveyancing-association-conference-2024/
Nicky Heathcote, Non-Executive Chair of The Conveyancing Association, said:
“We are very pleased to be able to announce the full agenda for next month’s Conference and to outline the range of sessions and presentations we have which I’m sure will provide plenty of food for thought for all those who attend.
“Our theme focuses on the move into the ‘Digital Age’ for conveyancing, and we want to provide plenty of support and resource to our conveyancing firm members on what this means for them, their businesses, their clients and the way the process will work in the future.
“The CA has, once again, had incredible support for this event and we have a great number of sponsors who will be exhibiting at the Conference on the day, and who contribute greatly to its success. After the Conference we’ll have our Annual Charity Dinner, where we’ll be raising money for The Children’s Society, and there will also be a chance for attendees to let their hair down, with live music and a DJ.
“We are just a few weeks away from the 6th February and everyone at the CA is looking forward to welcoming all stakeholders to Manchester for what promises to be an informative and fun day and night. We look forward to seeing you there, and if you’ve yet to register to attend, please do.”
Eddie Goldsmith, Conveyancing Association Conference Chair, commented:
“I am delighted to be Conference Chair again for our flagship event of the year. This is an opportunity not just to hear from the great and the good of the industry but to meet and catch up with peers and to see what is on offer from the innovators in our industry. Since our first Conference we have been charting the development of digital conveyancing and at this event we will be able to see just how much has already changed – and what there still is to achieve. This is the one event of the year that you just cannot miss.”